trn4, clang, static analysis

Some of you may be aware of the kid on the block in compiler, llvm[1].
With some help from Apple, it is evolving quite rapidly and I've been
playing with it (in context of the FreeBSD project mainly).

One of the really interesting included tools is the static analyzer (dead
code assignments, null pointer deferences and so on).  It is not perfect
yet of course and false positive need to be checked for but I think it
could be useful.

I plan to run it (done) and probably publish in one way or another patches
to fix these issues.  So we are back at the fundamental question of
maintenance...

Do we still want to use SF?  Do we want something else?

Is there any interest in what I intend to do?

PS: 68 identified "problems" in the first run.
--
Ollivier ROBERT -=- FreeBSD: The Power to Serve! -=- roberto@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
In memoriam to Ondine : http://ondine.keltia.net/