Re: Strange trn behavior

On Wed, 15 Jun 2005, Larry W. Virden wrote:

About a week or two ago, trn started doing something weird. Now, I've been out sick, no one else has write permission to my files or trn. So it doesn't seem like anything changed intentionally.

What is happening is that I run trn in threaded view. But when I go into one specific newsgroup, it does not come up threaded. Other groups do seem to.

What might cause one newsgroup to not be threaded ? If I manually issue the command, it will thread the group.

Any ideas?

Well, perhaps you accidentaly caused that group te be read unthreaded?

This can be seen either by looking directly in your .newsrc; if the article range starts with a '0' instead of a '1', the group will be read unthreaded.

Another way to see it is to press 'Q' in the group-overview, and then manually skip through the groups. Threaded groups are preceeded by '======', unthreaded ones by '******'.

If that's not the case then I have no idea what happened.

Regards,

Patrick.