Re: Changing posting address & thread display/reading order

On Tue, 28 Jan 2003, John Red-Horse wrote:

> Larry Virden wrote:
> >
> > As for the space, I don't know if that is configurable.
>
>      -f    will make trn avoid various sleep calls and the prompt
>           after the processing of the memorized commands that are
>           intended to allow you time to read a message before the
>           screen clears.  This allows the advanced user to cruise
>           along a little faster at the  expense  of  readability.
>           The  - t (terse) option turns on -f by default, but you
>           can override this by specifying +f after the -t option.

This, in combination with the previous advice, did it! Thanks a bunch!

I've been using trn for several years, and never really bothered to study
the man-page in detail (my apologies for that ;), and it never ceases to
amaze me what is possible with this wonderful program.

I wouldn't want to read news with anything else, really.

Best regards,

Patrick.