Re: Does TRN Support Yenc?

On Fri, 9 Aug 2002, Hart Larry wrote:

> First of all, I am continuely unsubscribed from this list without any e-mail?
> 2nd, I wonder if trn does or will support yenc encoding in usenet.  I usually
> like sorting-and-reading messages in trn but grabbing binaries in pine,
> however, I don't think pine supports yenc either.  Are their any other easy
> solutions in a unix shell for grabbing-and-decoding these kind of messages?
> Thanks so much in advance
> Hart

Well, there are a number of standalone encoder/decoder programs listed at
http://www.yenc.org/. But I don't know of a better solution within trn
than to use "|" to pipe a message to a yydecode program (or ":|" to pipe
selected messages).

I think there just plain hasn't been much trn development lately.
Is documentation of version 4 the main holdup?

--
David Sewell, Project Editor
The University Press of Virginia