On Wednesday, November 05, 2014 05:25:37 PM Richard Guy Briggs wrote:
> On 14/11/05, Paul Moore wrote:
> > In retrospect, we could probably do better.  I don't think it should be an
> > audit record, but I can see the point that a backtrace and scary WARNING!
> > display are probably a bit too much.
> >
> > Richard, how about converting this WARN_ONCE() to a printk_once(), or
> > similar?
>
> I'd be agreeable to that.  While I was a bit concerned that a
> WARN_ONCE() could be lost in the noise (evidently that's not the case!)
> a printk_once() would more likely get lost in the noise.  Would it make
> sense to make it a bit less infrequent than printk_once() and rate-limit
> it at say, one per 5 seconds or more?

Let's just go with printk_once() for right now.  We probably need to have a
better, more consistent approach to error messages not related to the normal
access control stuff, however, I'd like to fix this for the v3.18-rcX releases
and that is a bit out of scope for right now.

Ideally I'd like to fix it this week.  Richard, any chance you can submit a
patch by the end of the day on Tuesday?  It really should be trivial; if you
can't let me know and I'll take care of it.

--
paul moore
www.paul-moore.com