Hi,

I've been looking through the strange behavior today, where I am
getting lots of "stack smashing detected" and found that the most
probable place is the mkcall function. Here is the call stack:
[0x440545] (stack check related calls)
[0x44050e] (stack check related calls)
[0x408db4]<-stack canary check
[0x412709]<-call mkcall
[0x402228]
[0x405586]
[0x40185a]
[0x412b44]
[0x401db1]<-main()

After looking into the code in mkcall:
>long mkcall(int childno)
>{
>        unsigned long olda1, olda2, olda3, olda4, olda5, olda6;
>        unsigned int call = shm->syscallno[childno];
>        unsigned long ret = 0;
>        int errno_saved;
>        char string[512], *sptr;
I suspect that string[512] is the issue. The simple tests confirms
that assumption (I've just commented out the block of color_arg
function calls that fill the buffer with parameter values).

Will provide a patch for that tomorrow.