On Thu, 8 Aug 2013, Will Deacon wrote:

> On the flip side, the good news is that we know the problem is there. We're
> probably generating interrupts at some horrendous rate for the lock-up....
> are you running your fuzzer as root?

No, I'm running the fuzzer as a regular user.

> Also, is your fuzzer available somewhere? I could take it for a spin on some
> different architectures if you like.

Yes:

  git clone https://github.com/deater/perf_event_tests.git

and it's in the "fuzzer" subdirectory.  I think I've committed all of the
ARM related patches.

To run the tool it's just "./perf_fuzzer" and away you go.  There's a lot
of other tools for generating and analyzing fuzzer syscall traces but
unfortunately they're not very user-friendly yet.

As for other architectures (at least ARM) in addition to the pandaboard I
also have a beagleboard and a cortex-A15 chromebook.  The challenge is
always getting recent Linus-git kernels running on the things.

I also have a raspberry-pi.  I've successfully accessed the perf counters
on that by reading the low-level registers directly with a kernel
modulue.  There's no perf driver because the PMU interrupt isn't hooked
up.  I've been meaning to get perf support going by making things
periodically polled rather than interrupt driven: has anybody looked into
doing that yet?

Vince