On Fri, Jun 28, 2013 at 10:24:20PM -0400, Dave Jones wrote:
> I've beem holding off on cutting a new release of trinity until I've nailed
> this one last bug[1].
>
> When it happens, the watchdog process is in Z state, and the child processes
> are all blocked on sockets (and no progress is made because the watchdog died).
>
> In the one case I've managed to catch a core from the watchdog, it makes no damn sense..
>
> Program terminated with signal 8, Arithmetic exception.
> #0  check_shm_sanity () at watchdog.c:47
> 	if (shm->running_childs == 0)
>
> what the hell does that even mean ?
>
> 'shm' is valid, shm->running_childs is '4'.
>
> Any ideas ?

Could you post the disassembly of that functioni (including start address)? Also, in case
you still have the coredump, could you post the exact address at which the error occured?

That signal is usually only triggered by errors with floating-point errors, but maybe
trinity somehow ended up doing a kill(watchdog, 8) acidentially? I'm not very familia with
trinity, so I don't know whether that's possible.

[Index of Archives]     [Linux SCSI]     [Linux USB Devel]     [Video for Linux]     [Linux Audio Users]     [Yosemite News]     [Linux Kernel]     [Linux SCSI]