Re: How do i switch from using Konqueror as my file manager to using Krusader, or some other file manager?

On Sunday 23 June 2024 22:09:20 SuperRyn via tde-users wrote:
> I don't like opening a browser to access my files; I suspect krusader
> uses much less resources. How do i change my default file manager?

I had almost forgot entirely about Krusader, but your email got me to dust it
off again, take it out for a spin.

To answer your question, I will give you what *ought* to work: right-click on
any directory (e.g., inside Konqueror), then choose "open with" from the
dialog, then find Krusader in the directory listing that you will see; or you
can just enter the name in the search bar at the top. After doing this -- but
before closing out the dialog -- find that little box at the bottom left of
the dialog, click "Remember applicaton association for this type of file";
and that ought to do it.

At least, that *ought* to work ... and I use it regularly to open other
applications ... but in this case, I can't get Krusader to open using
the "open with" dialog.

So now, it seems, we have not just one problem, but possibly more. If anybody
else has any insight into this matter, then I would also like to know.

Bill