Re: Modify .txt files directly from a remote server : solved

> On Friday 31 May 2024 18:44:56 ajh-valmer via tde-users wrote:
> > This problem is solved,
> > by searching in menu : "Trinity configuration center",
> > TDE components => files association,
> > => pattern files : txt
> > and then, many tests on txt files extension in the sections :
> > all, application...
> > At a moment I win, finally, it works !
> > (since how many months I was searching).
> > Cheers. André

> On Friday 14 June 2024 08:00:54 Dr. Nikolaus Klepp via tde-users wrote:
> And what did you have to change?

Sorry, difficult to explain,  I had to proceed by trial, groping.

TDE components => => pattern files = empty,
you have a "txt" section with many applications, you don't change anything.
If you fill the pattern file by "txt" you obtain a "txt" pattern too,
under the pattern "application", but with only one mention : "text/plain".

After, you can modify a text file directly on a remote server from
you computer with kedit.
A webmaster save much time to modify many remote files on a remote
Web server in a data center.

Hope it helps.
André