WAS~~Re: Possible KMAIL bug? NOW:~~ POP / IMAP PROTOCOLS

You know,

I had thought about switching to the IMAP protocol due to being able to switch to any email client I wanted to without having to constantly IMPORT and EXPORT my data.

That's really the only PITA part, (pardon my expression) about POP.

It just seems like life would be A LOT less stressful without having to worry about if I backed my email up

or I decide to try a new email client and I don't have to piece together archive folders from one client to another etc.

But OTOH, I do enjoy that my data is PRIVATE and that my mail provider can't pull a *YAHOO MAIL * and be like one day " Eh, you don't need those emails in your archive folder from 2016 / 2017. * POOF DELETED* without even asking the user if its okay.

I know that, a hosted email provider WON'T DO THAT to someone, since we pay for the product to keep our valuable emails stored for us.

Then again, look at what happened to poor Rackspace last year. Their Exchange server got hacked and had to pay ransom to get peoples data back and people
still lost a lot of their emails that they had in the cloud.

Do ya'll think its worth it?