Re: Seamonkey as a browser = T.R.A.S.H!

On Saturday 01 June 2024 21:03:20 Felix Miata via tde-users wrote:
> No one must use only one web browser on a computer he controls. Some
> browsers do some things better than others. Some browsers do things others
> can't do at all. I typically have 5 browsers (not browser windows) open,
> but sometimes more, among them: Pale Moon, Falkon, Chromium, Firefox,
> besides SeaMonkey, and multiple versions of some, not to mention browser
> profiles.

Yeah, I am gonna stand with Felix on this one. You may recall that I said
earlier that I use Seamonkey for one webpage, and only one (although its
future seems to be in question at the moment); the reason is that its
settings are well-suited for that particular page. I have practically never
used it for anything else. I never used it for email, though.

Limiting oneself to just one browser is like having only one pair of shoes for
everything; which, depending on the shoes, depending on what one does in
life, might not sound so bad. But what if you had to do everything in a pair
of dress shoes that looked good, but didn't really serve your feet so well
except for those rare fancy dress-up occasions?

This is maybe not the best metaphor, but you get the idea. I don't wear dress
shoes to climb a mountain. I don't wear snowshoes when running to catch a
taxi on a crowded city street. I don't wear my steel-toed hiking boots when I
take a lady out dancing.

Bill