Re: LWN.NET: Trinity keeps KDE 3 on life support

On Sat, Jun  1, 2024 at 16:49 (-0500), Chris M via tde-users wrote:

> On Saturday 01 June 2024 04:08:05 pm Jim via tde-users wrote:

>> I'm not sure why you think that is hard.  For example, in a terminal window
>> I could enter the command
>> ksnapshot
>> and the ksnapshot program will start up, allowing me to grab screenshots.

>> Does that help?

>> Jim

> Yes, but I was just trying to imagine what DE you use with TDE apps?

> Dated, and old looking, XFCE?

> I CAN'T for the LIFE OF ME use XFCE... It just looks old, dated, and crusty
> and out of the 80's. I've tried and tried and tried to use it, but after a
> day NOPE, next day NUKE and PAVE.

I think xfce was started in the late 1990's; I'm really wondering what
about it makes you think is from the 1980s.

I've only used xfce a little bit, so I'm not sure what your issue is.
Anyway, if xfce causes you distress, I'm worried when I tell you what I
use, your head will explode.

I use fvwm3, because I have yet to find a window manager anywhere near as
customizable as it is.  (But before you say anything, keep i mind that this
customizability allows you great latitude in how it looks, so while you
probably wouldn't like my config, there are other vastly different configs
which appeal to different tastes.)

Cheers.
                                    Jim