Re: Here's the Kaffeine problem

said Thierry de Coulon via tde-users:

| I do use Kaffeine (and it works OK for me), but the KDE version. Not
| that I really prefer it, but it manages to find my cable channels, a
| thing "Taffeine" no more does.

That's the issue. I'm interested in it only for watching over-the-air
television. I have no cable, streaming only, and the miserable crooks who
run the phone company here have made sure to configure it that we don't
have TV, internet, or phone anytime we might actually need it, such as
threatening weather. I hope they take up the hobby of helicoptering in
northern Iran in the fog.

So when I need broadcast TV I'm likely to really need it. With Kaffeine I
get the picture perfectly, but the audio is silent except for occasional
loud clicks. The mpeg decoder is dlearly not there or not working -- won't
work on VLC, either, though Kaffeine is pretty much just a very nice VLC
add-on so that's not a surprise.

I have done searches on every line in the lengthy error messages and have
learned nothing. I suspect it will turn out to be something extremely
simple. But I do not know what that is.
--
dep

Pictures: http://www.ipernity.com/doc/depscribe/album