Re: Continuing the Kaffeine jitters

dep via tde-users wrote:

> It is amazing how on the great, vast internet the amount of material has
> grown while the amount of useful material has shrunk both as a percentage
> and as an absolute amount.

True! The internet was hijacked by the 3-letter organizations (NGO incl), so
that indeed it got not only dirty but factually incorrect. And it develops
fast. My last favorite is Quora. The level of stupidity is unbelievable. I
bet they will use it in the future to train the AI, that will tell them
what is right or wrong

> This unhappy fact is exacerbated by rise of conversation bureaucrats, not
> just the usual web cops but an actual bureaucracy of petit tyrants who, by
> God, are going to rule with an iron fist. (I actually think one of the
> great selling points of TDE is this list, which is free of such things.
> Anyone who remembers the KDE forums way back when would probably still
> shudder.) This makes tasks like searching for answers all the worse
> because half the time the search results for your exact question end up
> being moderators and their rumpswabs angry that the question was asked,
> rather than just answering the damn thing.

I heard many from the social sciences moved to DI (diversity and inclusion)
and to politics. We already can see the fruits not only in the internet but
in real life. It is scary.

> I discovered the first day with PiOS that Wayland ain't soup yet. It is
> theoretically more elegant. So is the ramjet, but if you stick 'em on
> airplanes now they's gwan to be a whole lot of crashes.

Ah, yeah, we moved from spaghetti code to layered or even microservices, but
we had to sacrifice the functionality. So now code looks amazing, but
barely works.

> I'm beginning to think the same thing is true of Pipewire. Many
> applications do not play nicely with it. The translation layer seems a
> little flaky. It has been years since work was done on Kaffeine, and there
> wasn't any Pipewire then. VLC seems to grumble about it.
>
> And unlike X11, which was easy to start instead of Wayland, getting rid of
> Pipewire is a real pain. But it is looking more and more like the culprit.
> I'm going in -- look after my family if I don't return.

The problem are the psychopaths and they are too many. They always know
better and seek to overrule the rest.
I am afraid, there is no easy solution - there are simply not enough
psychiatrists on the planet.