Re: LWN.NET: Trinity keeps KDE 3 on life support

On 5/20/24 6:32 PM, William Morder via tde-users wrote:
SUCKS & DOESN'T SUCK

But to stick with our desktop question:

sucks
------
KDE/4/5/6
Gnome
etc.

sucks less
------------
MATE
LXDE
etc.

doesn't suck at all
TDE
can't think of any others

Because of employment requirements, I used MATE for a few years until the devs adopted GTK 3. End of the road. I used Xfce for a few years thereafter and then those devs succumbed to the GTK3 spider web. End of the road.

I have no hatred for KDE 5 and after much sweat equity pruned the bloat to create a boring and basic desktop. Along the way I have been returning to TDE, little by little.

I tried LXQT for a few weeks. Nice but not close to KDE or TDE. Should keep maturing though to provide another Qt alternative.

GNOME is just another four letter word for me (the G is silent remember?).