TDE and vintage computers

I would like to offer that with my efforts to build TDE on vintage systems, I built TDE R14.1.2 on Slackware 14.2 64-bit (gcc 5.5.0) and Slackware 14.1 32-bit (gcc 4.8.2). Both systems are EOL as of Dec. 2023. I did not build every package but core dependencies and packages built and run.

I had to find some patches to back port. For example, some patches related to hotpluggable hwlib and ensuring '-std=c++11' is declared with tqt3.

These days my brain is entrenched in old fart elderly territory and I have my days exhibiting grumpy old man traits. I have been out of the loop for many years with this kind of development and tend to lose patience easily. That said, that I have built the latest TDE on vintage systems is remarkable.

Dare I say that the 14.1 builds are running on Pentium I/II single core systems with less than 512 MB of RAM and a 3.10.107 kernel? A tad slow? Yes, but everything functions and the slowness is mostly caused by PATA drives.

I am impressed with the developers far more than a grumpy old man being able to build TDE on vintage systems. Good job devs. :)