Re: TDE's Backstory and purpose

Il giorno sab 18 mag 2024 alle ore 22:28 Chris M via tde-users
<users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> ha scritto:

> Yes, I was reading around the internet just to gage how many people actually use TDE as "a Daily Driver", due to it not being
> carried by any distros etc, besides Q4OS. I found a few people out there that use TDE.

Hi, I tried to build a live image based on CentOS [1]. But I abandoned
it, because it requires some care and I cannot invest in it.
Furthermore, no one seems to be interested in it.
I also tried Q4OS, but IMO it's just a bloated distro while, at the
opposite, TDE it's a very light environment.
In my old netbook (32 bit Intel Atom, 1GB ram) I did a manual
installation with full device support (NetworkManager, bluetooth etc),
and it takes only 180 MB along with Debian 12.

Probably, TDE is the lightest full-optional DE. IMO, the main lack is
Flatpak support. But it's ok, if you can survive with standard apps.

Regards,
Massi

[1] https://github.com/mbugni/tde-remix