Re: kate question ... results of experiment #2

On Wednesday 15 May 2024 11:04:37 Dan Youngquist via tde-users wrote:
> On 5/15/24 2:59 AM, Dr. Nikolaus Klepp via tde-users wrote:
> > - Disable "save session on exit": kate always loads the default settings
> > including visible toolbars etc. And there are 2 sessions named "Unknown".
> > --> this is what I had and it is bad.
> >
> > - Enable "save settings on exit": creates or overwrites a session file in
> > /home/nik/.trinity/share/apps/kate/sessions/[strangeletternumbercombo].ka
> >tesession Now this file has everything in it I saw in the source code.
> > Rename it to "empty.katesession", remove all file references, make it
> > readonly amd change the session name in sessions.list. --> toolbar is
> > gone and the other stuff is configurable.
>
> I haven't been following this discussion very closely, so may have missed
> something.  But what I did notice I think could be accomplished simply by
> using kwrite instead of kate, unless you need kate's session functionality.

I don't actually use either kate or kwrite. I use kedit and some other, basic
Linux text editors. (I still use a version of leafpad from an older system,
because it requires no dependencies, still works, and just does what I want.)
I don't need a text editor for coding.

Nik is the one who wants to use kate, For me, it was just the challenge of
getting it work as somebody wants to use it. It's more fun than watching
television.

Bill