Re: kate question ...

Anno domini 2024 Tue, 14 May 10:18:27 -0700
 William Morder via tde-users scripsit:

> On Tuesday 14 May 2024 09:39:28 deloptes via tde-users wrote:
> > William Morder via tde-users wrote:
>
> > > Other candidates for config files (including some that might be left over
> > > from the old KDE3/4/5/etc.):
> > >
> > > /opt/trinity/share/apps/kateui.rc
> > > /<user>/.config/kateschemarc
> > > /<user>/.config/katepartrc
> > >
> > > There are other tucked away in
> > > /<user>/.config/
> > > /home/<user>/.kde/share/apps/
> > > /home/<user>/.trinity/share/apps/
> > > but that first one seems the best fit.
> > >
> > > Bill
> >
> > On my Debian all of it is in ~/.trinity/share/config/
> > ~/.trinity/share/config/katerc
> >
> > But I do not think that this setting is being written anywhere. May be
> > someone like Michele, who knows it better could answer.
> >
> > BR
> >

> I have such a config file (in /home/~/.trinity/share/config/katerc), but mine
> shows entirely different lines, and is much longer; although it is in the
> trinity folder, which seems more appropriate.
>
> Some of those others that I found could be leftovers from older systems
> (especially the one that discovered in /home/~/.config/), but I often find
> interesting possibilities in those old config files.
>
> My older (obsolete?) katerc file reads:
>
> #################
>
> [General]
> Config Revision=10
> Days Meta Infos=30
> Modified Notification=false
> Recent File List Entry Count=10
> Restore Window Configuration=true
> Save Meta Infos=true
> Show Full Path in Title=false
> Show Menu Bar=true
> Show Status Bar=true
> Show Tab Bar=true
> Startup Session=manual
>
> [MainWindow]
> State=AAAA/wAAAAD9AAAAAAAABkAAAAMlAAAABAAAAAQAAAAIAAAACPwAAAABAAAAAgAAAAEAAAAWAG0AYQBpAG4AVABvAG8AbABCAGEAcgAAAAAA/////wAAAAAAAAAA
> ToolBarsMovable=Disabled
> Window-Maximized 900x1600=true
>
> #################
>
> Those lines, Show Menu bar, Show Status Bar, change them to false, and those
> bars ought to go away permanently. I am just guessing, but these lines might
> be added to the correct config file.
>
> Wherever it ought to be, this looks right:
> /home/~/.trinity/share/config/katerc
> Now, if those other lines could be added, maybe Nik can get what he wants.
>
> I hope that reads intelligibly. I took bits from here and there and threw them
> all together.

A glimmer of hope, alas, short lived ... these cofig settings are gone with the wind. There is a "ShowStatusBar" (without spaces") but it does nothing. I greped through the source code, but it looks like there is nothing there any more. Interestingly I found an antient klabtechrc that has setting for toolbars and status and therer's code in kate that would read it but it does not work in kate - or maybe I missed something.

Nik