Re: TDE on Raspberry Pi 5

said Thierry de Coulon via tde-users:

| I have TDE running on several Pi3 and Pi4 - athough I don't use them
| much, just for running a browser (as an interactive terminal) and a few
| tcl/tk programs, and doing some file management with konqueror.
|
| I didn't step on landmine, but I did not venture in that part of the
| land that you seem to roam :)

Much of it is just based on running webapps for the verious channels (via
Firefox ESR -- the current version has a bug such it doesn't tell the
screen blanker not to blank the screen), but a few things are specialized,
such as the application that makes the webapps.

It just now occurred to me that it would be easy to simply try to run
everything I intend to use right here on the desktop machine to see if it
works. (That it took me this long to think of that suggests I should not
be allowed to play with electrical devices.)

Some nice discoveries include the fact that on-demand services accidentally
skip over advertisements when I have a good ad blocker and enable DRM.

Gotta say that this thing with an SSD is really, really fast -- less then
ten seconds from power on to functioning desktop.

I'll test a few applications on the desktop and if they play nicely with
TDE I'll install TDE on one of the two Raspberrys later today.

I so look forward to dragging applications from the menu to kicker!
--
dep

Pictures: http://www.ipernity.com/doc/depscribe/album
Column: https://ofb.biz/author/dep/