Re: tdebase handbooks

On 5/9/24 1:46 PM, E. Liddell via tde-users wrote:
On Thu, 9 May 2024 11:41:28 -0500

For some reason the related handbooks never compile in the tdebase
package. The handbooks are compiling in other packages.

What should I look for that might cause the handbooks to not build only
in tdebase?

The Gentoo ebuild for the tdebase docs seds a CMake-related file before building:

sed 's/tde_conditional_add_project_docs( BUILD_DOC )/tde_conditional_add_subdirectory( BUILD_DOC doc )/' -i "${S}/CMakeLists.txt"

If this is necessary for all distros and not just Gentoo, it probably qualifies as
a minor bug.  It isn't necessary for any other package's documentation.

Thank you old-timer. :) That resolved the issue here.

With a twist. Reverting the line with sed kills building man pages. Rather than sed, the cure seems to be keeping the new line and restoring the old line.

tde_conditional_add_subdirectory( BUILD_DOC doc)
tde_conditional_add_project_docs( BUILD_DOC )

I filed bug report 483:

https://mirror.git.trinitydesktop.org/gitea/TDE/tdebase/issues/483

Thanks for replying. For some silly reason this bug irritated me to no end.