Re: Problem with sound / volume control in TDE R14.1.2

Hi Jim,
I use TDE on a VirtualBox machine all the time (Debian testing) and audio works fine here. This just to say that running in a VM is not a limiting factor. What is interesting in your case is that the problem persists through a reboot. This seems to point to a setup/config issue for some reasons.

1. Do you use only arts? or do you have PA or pipewire installed too?
2. what options do you have in the Sound server control module?
3. is it possible that for some reasons the audio of the VM is zerod out in the host mixer? or sent to a different output? Basically try to figure out whether the problem is from the guest or host.
4.. if you use a different DE in the same VM, do you have the same issue?

Cheers
  Michele