Re: kmail templates

On Saturday 04 May 2024 18:48:46 J Leslie Turriff via tde-users wrote:
> 	In kmail, Settings => Composer contains "Templates" and "Custom Templates"
> tabs, and Folder => Properties also has a "Templates" tab.  It seems to me
> I remember someone here saying that he uses templates to autofill the To
> field of new emails; which of these three provides that capability?  The
> Help Center manual for kmail mentions none of them, but has information for
> a "Phrases" tab in Settings => Composer, which I suppose was superceded by
> the templates?
>
> Leslie
> --
> Platform: Linux
> Desktop Environment: Trinity
> Qt: 3.5.0
> TDE: R14.1.1
> tde-config: 1.0

Yes, I create email templates for my most frequent correspondents; for
example, the TDE mailing list.

See attachment for a screenshot of an email template.

At the top left corner in Kmail
     1) Click File, then navigate through New to New Message:
	then create a new message.
     2) In the new email itself (before sending), look again at the top left
              corner, click Message, then Save as Template.
     3) Return to Kmail main page. At top left corner again, click file, then
              New Message from Template. All your fields will be filled in.

The advantage here is not just time-saving, but also it helps not to send to
other people's private email addresses, but rather to the mailing list. Also,
I like to send a bcc to myself, so that I know emails are getting sent and
received (i.e., no network issues, etc.).

Bill