Re: network issues - tdenetworkmanager

I just ran into polkit hell +  network-manager - like Bill. This is how to get network-manager working for your user, so you do not need to run it as root:

Check your permissions - if you get "yes" on all lines, you are good, but then you won't have network-manager issues at all:
$ nmcli gen permissions

If you don't get "yes on all lines, then create this file:

#/etc/polkit-1/rules.d/50-org.freedesktop.NetworkManager.rules
polkit.addRule(function(action, subject) {
    if (action.id == "org.freedesktop.NetworkManager.network-control")
        return "yes";
});

Now check again - all lines should say "yes":
$ nmcli gen permissions

Now you can do bad stuff with network connections from all your systms users, but as you most likely are the only system user it should be ok:

$ nmtui

Nik