Re: remove sleep, suspend, hybernate, sleep and combos from logout menu

Hi Darrell,

I ran across this undocumented rc file when browsing the shutdown code. I found one reference in the users discussion list. Is this mysterious file something introduced in TDE or been there since KDE 3.5?

Not sure if it comes from the KDE days or it was added later, tbh. It should probably be extented to allow disabling individual options and it would be good to have a GUI for it, so the users don't have to read through the source code :-)

Seems this file is only a cosmetic cure for each individual user? Seems the rc file does not stop a user from suspending/hibernating a system from other methods.

Can the rc file be patched to not show the Freeze button too?

Currently those two lines disable all types of suspension/hibernation, so you only see logout, shutdown, restart in the menu. As mentioned above, it would be good to provide an option for each possible actions, so a user could have suspend but no freeze for example.

Cheers
  Michele