Re: TDE + KDE5

On 3/4/24 1:59 AM, deloptes via tde-users wrote:
is someone using KDE5 apps on top of TDE and what is your experience.

One of the speed bumps I encountered using KDE tools in TDE is theme configurations are ignored. This results in flat icons and tiny fonts in the menu bars in the KDE tools.

The primary culprit is the $XDG_CURRENT_DESKTOP environment variable. KDE tools expect this to be set to KDE and not TDE.

One work-around I use is script wrappers to the KDE tools I prefer. In the script wrappers I set XDG_CURRENT_DESKTOP=TDE:KDE. The KDE tools then are content and no theming issues arise with flat icons or tiny fonts.

I hope this helps.