Re: network issues - tdenetworkmanager

On Tuesday 20 February 2024 01:04:33 Dr. Nikolaus Klepp via tde-users wrote:
> Now I got bitten by the same problem - and got solution (at least for
> devuan) - so this might be interesting for Bill :)
>
> It turned out that the compination of "apparmor" plus "pulseaudio" made
> networkmanager go kind of numb. It would not connect to my wifi for ever.
> Retrying did not change anything nor did turning the wifi device on/off
> change anything. Last entry in syslog was always "wlan0: associated", but
> it looked like ip address was received.
>
> Now removing "apparmor" increased the chace of getting ip adresses via dhcp
> to ~ 50%.
>
> After removing pulseaudio and pulseaudio-modules-bluetooth the rate is back
> to normal aka 100%. Note: I had pulseaudio to connect to bluetooth speakers
> and my problems begun after installing it.
>
> At last I got the speakers working with "bluealsa" --> kmix is not confused
> with the "pulseaudio" device sneeking in as first coundcard.
>
> Nik

Huh. Interesting, in that I routinely purge everything possible that is
pulseaudio from my system after any installation or reinstallation. However,
it usually takes me a week or so of messing with it, adjusting, going into
config files, until at last everything works normally again.

I know that some swear by pulseaudio, but for me it always seems to bring
problems; problems which are easier solved by getting rid of pulseaudio.

It also would appear that various pulseaudio components seem to sneak back
into my system, then I have to purge them again.

Thus far, I haven't had problems with apparmor, or I don't think so. In any
case, I disable bluetooth on my system, as I have nothing with which to use
it. So if the problem is related to bluetooth, that could be why I don't have
that problem (yet). Whenever I finally break down and get something
bluetooth, it will have to be too good to avoid.

I don't think I use this bluealsa, but I will give it a try. Interesting that
kmix-trinity has not wanted to run on my system for quite a while, and I
cannot seem to get it started either by command-line or by finding an icon to
click. Nowadays I mostly control my volume settings by using alsamixer,
anyway, so it doesn't bother me too much -- aside from the fact that it won't
start at all.

Bill