Re: network issues - tdenetworkmanager

> Could you check if your user is in the "netdev" and "dialout" group?
>And the do a "chown $USER $HOME -R" as I suspect some files don't belog to
>you any more :)
>
>And you could try "nmtui" and/or "nmcli" and check if it's not a
>tdenetworkmanager problem.
>
>Nik

Hello again, Nik!

It's good to have friends online in situations like this.

Yes I am already a member of the group netdev; I was not a member of the
dialout group, so added myself to that group, too, just in case it might
help.

Those other commands are very nifty tools, especially nmtui. Myself, I want to
already halfway there.

Unfortunately, these did nothing whatsoever to change my network issues. I
tried quitting and restarting tdenetworkmanager, tried running as my normal
user, then had to go back to running as root, which I don't like, but I still
need to do a few things today.

Everything has been working just fine. I really don't want to reinstall my
system just to correct this issue.

Besides, when I booted up the machine with my handy flash drive (with the
Devuan installation image), just to check my network connection, it seemed
that only about every other time I rebooted that it showed available
networks.

Mind you, this is the Devuan installation image: sometimes it shows available
networks, sometimes no networks at all. I live in an area that is surrounded
by hundreds of local networks, and sometimes when I scan for networks, I find
so many that they won't all fit on the screen.

This makes no sense, for the Devuan installation image not to find networks.
Is it possible that some hardware issue is causing my internal wifi antenna
not to pick up networks? I also tried an old CCrane wifi antenna that I have
kept, which has served me well for maybe twenty years, and still works with
other machines; but alas, doesn't even register with this machine.

Bill