Re: Error message concerning kdesktop_lock

Gianluca Interlandi via tde-users wrote:

> Not sure what this means. The error message may be related to hibernating.
> I hibernate using `systemctl hibernate` and when I resume the screen is
> not locked (which is what I prefer), but it could be that some process
> wants to lock it?

Yes killing the kdesktop_lock locks the screen and the process is restarted
And those two messages you see are normal (the monitor also registers to the
dbus)

I forgot to mention
        dbus-monitor --session "interface=org.freedesktop.DBus"

or
        dbus-monitor --session "destination=org.freedesktop.DBus"

because I forgot that this interface is also available in the user session.
There are more messages to expect there - this is why I filter on interface
or destination, but if you do not see anything, you could simply use one of
those
        dbus-monitor --session
or
        dbus-monitor --system