Re: DE comparison

On Friday 01 December 2023 13:18:15 Dr. Nikolaus Klepp via tde-users wrote:
> Anno domini 2023 Fri, 1 Dec 12:42:49 -0800
>
>  William Morder via tde-users scripsit:
> > Has anybody else tried out these other lightweight DEs, Lumina and
> > Enlightenment? Just wondering, but I doubt I can be tempted away from
> > TDE's beauty and simplicity.
>
> I tried Enligtenment in the 90's, at that time it was basicly the only WM
> that had a skulls and bone theme as window decoration. Just imagine, not
> staight window borders, but irregular! Well, it was the classic "eyecandy
> but no function" problem. Just as Windowmaker (not on the list) and GNOME
>
> Nik

Yeah, I just took a virtual tour, and have seen enough. Along with the
not-quite-totally-free license, those other guys just look like XFCE or LXDE
redone with some new branding. Nothing substantial there to bother about.

And as for Q4OS and other OS choices, I will stick with Devuan, or some other
Debian-type OS. It might be that in the future Devuan goes the same way as
Debian, but I feel sure that there will always be a fork made by users who
want to keep what works best for them.

Once I got to this place (the perfect combination of OS and DE), I never could
see a reason to change.

Bill