Re: New MX-Linux with TDE ISO

Anno domini 2023 Thu, 23 Nov 00:46:56 -0600
 J Leslie Turriff via tde-users scripsit:
> On 2023-11-22 14:46:42 you wrote:
> > dep via tde-users wrote:
> > > Sorry for top posting -- on the iPad, and the ProtonMail app doesn't
> > > allow grownup formatting.
> >
> > KNode - the protonmail makes no sense, since this UL is public.
> >
> > > I use LibreOffice and largely hate it, precisely *because* it is forever
> > > adding mud flaps and fuzzy dice and other mostly useless "features." The
> > > processing of words hasn't actually much changed since about 2000, when
> > > embedding links became useful.
> >
> > I join this statement. I prefer using Apache's OpenOffice. It is supported
> > and most of all stable. I guess the TDE philosophy applies there too.
> >
> > But I know people, who prefer the LibreOffice version. As far as Debian
> > stable is used the chances to crash or loose data are minimal.
> >
> 	Neither LibreOffice nor OpenOffice properly supports importation of HTML
> documents' CSS styling, either imbedded or external.  The last mention of
> providing this feature is years old.  It's very frustrating; and meanwhile,
> as you say, we are provided with useless "features" that provide just about
> nothing. :-(

Importing HTML into anything but a text editor has gone south more than a decade ago with the rise of JS. I use Libreoffice now - and always when I open it I ask myself "why the ...?" ... most of these ingenious bloatware use GTK and that gets in my way all the time and GUI usage degrades with ever iteration. Just now D&D broke from firefox to terminator - again. I'm slowly going back in time or better said moving to simpler tools that don't break.

Nik