Re: New MX-Linux with TDE ISO

Sorry for top posting -- on the iPad, and the ProtonMail app doesn't allow grownup formatting.

I use LibreOffice and largely hate it, precisely *because* it is forever adding mud flaps and fuzzy dice and other mostly useless "features." The processing of words hasn't actually much changed since about 2000, when embedding links became useful.

I'd drop LibreOffice for whatever KWord has become in an instant if the fewer, angrier bozos over there adopted good import-export filters. KWord became infamous decades ago for importing files from formats to which it could not save. It got deleted microseconds discovered this "feature."

Oh, for a LibreOffice that could itself be edited, allowing easy deletion of the useless complications that comprise about 90 percent of it . . .

dep
Pictures: http://www.ipernity.com/doc/depscribe/album
Column: https://ofb.biz/author/dep/