Re: TDE does not open

On Fri November 10 2023 03:41:22 Ken Heard via tde-users wrote:
> The next morning I expected to open the computer without difficulty.  So
> I opened it and got as far as the ‘Login to TDE’ window.  I entered my
> password.  Instead of opening the TDE I received the following message:
>
> Call to lnusertemp failed (temporary directories full ?).
> Check your installation.
>
> As of this point the only access I had to the computer was by a ‘console
> login’.
> I cannot understand why what appears to me as identical installations in
> both computers would not work in both.  How can I ‘check the
> installation’ if access to the computer is so restricted?

Hi Ken,

You could start by running "df" and then "df -i" from the console login
to see if any partition is indeed full.

The console login requires fewer resources and thus can run on systems
that are temporarily unable to supprt a full windowing GUI interface.

BTW, I hope you can see this reply.  It looks like you tried to contact
us through an old address.  The current list address is:
   users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

--Mike