Re: ImageMagick import freezes keyboard I/O in opensuse 15.4

On Tue, 31 Oct 2023, Michele Calgaro via tde-users wrote:

On 2023/10/31 03:51 PM, Thierry de Coulon via tde-users wrote:
I don't really understand how you intend to use a delay with the region mode. My understanding (and use) is that I need to see the region I want to capture
to select it, so "select and change desktop" does not make sense.

That would be something like the delay with "Section of a window": during the initial delay you can move around freely (including changing desktop), then after the delay expires the mouse cursor changes and you can select the region of interest. Whether it is possible or not and how easy/difficult it is to implement, we will have to see :-)

Thierry,

The situation with my installation of openSUSE Leap 15.4 is that whenever the mouse is in capture mode, the keyboard I/O is frozen so that I cannot switch desktop or change windows. By allowing a delay in region capture mode I would be able to switch desktops before the mouse enters capture mode. I have submitted the issue about the keyboard freezing to the openSUSE forums and I have to hear back yet. I am not sure whether this issue persists also in Leap 15.5. I wonder whether other distributions experience this, too.

Best,

   Gianluca

Gianluca Interlandi, PhD gianluca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                    +1 (206) 685 4435
                    http://gianluca.today/

Department of Bioengineering
University of Washington, Seattle WA U.S.A.