Re: apt-get error

On Thursday 07 of September 2023 17:22:25 Thierry de Coulon via tde-users
wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> This does not create a real problem, so my question is mainly to try
> understanding:
>
> - I use MX-Linux
> - I install TDE from PSB, with following lines in
> a /etc/apt/sources.list.d/tde.list file
>
> deb http://mirror.ppa.trinitydesktop.org/trinity/deb/trinity-sb/
> bullseye deps-r14 main-r14
> deb-src http://mirror.ppa.trinitydesktop.org/trinity/deb/trinity-sb/
> bullseye deps-r14 main-r14
>
> Install and updates are OK, but I allways notice this error:
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/usr/lib/cnf-update-db", line 26, in <module>
>     col.create(db)
>   File "/usr/share/command-not-found/CommandNotFound/db/creator.py",
> line 96, in create
>     self._fill_commands(con)
>   File "/usr/share/command-not-found/CommandNotFound/db/creator.py",
> line 144, in _fill_commands
>     self._parse_single_contents_file(con, f, fp.stdout)
>   File "/usr/share/command-not-found/CommandNotFound/db/creator.py",
> line 283, in _parse_single_contents_file
>     priority = component_priorities[component]
> KeyError: 'deps-r14'
> Reading package lists... Done
>
> Seems to me to indicate that some MX-stuff (creator.py?) is not happy
> with deps-r14, and as long as everything runs well I can live with it,
> but as I don't really understand what this error means, I don't know if
> I should worry...

Hi Thierry,

it seems that the "command-not-found" tool is taken aback by the fact that
the component has the name "deps-r14" (perhaps does not expect a dash in
the name of the components, but that is strange, because it would be
equally confused by "non-free"). We can either examine and solve the
problem of this tool or you can uninstall the command-not-found package.

Cheers
--
Slávek