Re: Change GTK apps' icons in TDE

On Tuesday 05 September 2023 23:25:54 E. Liddell via tde-users wrote:
> On Tue, 5 Sep 2023 20:31:53 +0200
>
> Carlos AD via tde-users <users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > I think I'm missing something here, because it wouldn't make sense that
> > I'd be able to change the decorations and font, but not the icons.
>
> My .config/gtk-3.0/settings.ini contains:
>
> gtk-icon-theme-name=Adwaita
>
> Maybe that's the setting you're looking for?  It may still be restricted
> to themes intended for GTK3, though.
>
> E. Liddell

That it what I was editing, but the icon pack just didn't want to work. I
already assumed I could only use GTK3 icon packs (although maybe I was wrong
to do so), so only looked for GTK3 icon packs. I also had tried lxappereance,
as Dr. Klepp said, to no avail.

I ended up giving up on the icon pack I was trying to install, and tried to
use the Redmond95 one after installing the whole theme with it's Python
installer, and that one works, so I settled with that for now. I just wanted
a somewhat complete icon pack which wouldn't clash too much with the
TDE-Classic ones, even if not the same. But it's strange, because the other
icon pack worked fine under MATE.

On Tuesday 05 September 2023 23:07:47 Thierry de Coulon via tde-users wrote:
> On Tuesday 05 September 2023 20.31:53 Carlos AD via tde-users wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > As Kmail isn't a viable option for use with corporate Office 365 e-mail
> > (it doesn't support OAuth), I've installed Evolution with it's Exchange
> > Web Access package.
>
> As I don't want to give up kmail, I forward mail from outlook (to know I
> got mail) and use Prospectmail when I have to answer. But I guess that
> won't do if you need to answer corporate mails a lot.
>
> Thierry

Evolution lets me also access other things such as the calendar without having
to use a web app (as soon as I open the web version of Outlook the fan in my
10 year-old ThinkPad starts spinning), and I'm fine with using Kmail for just
my personal e-mails, but thanks for the suggestion.

By the way, the thing that was causing my GTK apps not to launch at all wasn't
gtk-qt-engine-trinity, but kgtk-qt3-trinity, which I had also installed and
was supposed to allow GTK applications to use Trinity's file dialogues when
run under Trinity. I uninstalled that package and they stopped complaining
about "GTK+ 2.x and GTK+ 3 in the same process", and started executing again,
so maybe that package is broken or obsolete.

Thank you all,
Carlos