Re: Cleaning default keyboard layouts

On 2023/05/15 01:52 PM, Roman Savochenko via tde-users wrote:
Hi, Michele

13.05.23 09:36, Michele Calgaro via tde-users wrote:
On 2023/05/13 05:53 AM, Roman Savochenko via tde-users wrote:

I will look into the patch code in the coming week and do a selecting merging of the parts needed. For example, the "Modes" radio buttons are there for a specific reason, so they are going to stay. But the translation of "grp" doesn't make much sense so it makes sense not to translate that.

Look into the last patch where I have fixed-prevented of displaying an incorrect layout at the KXKB start (last one) due to KXKBApp::slotGroupChanged() can receive group number outside their whole count, 22 in my case. Also I removed from KXKB only the options reading, since it is used always with TDE Layouts.

Hi Roman,
for information, part of your patch has been merged into TDE code (see https://mirror.git.trinitydesktop.org/gitea/TDE/tdebase/pulls/369). Part of the patch has not been merged because it does not fit with the new functionality provided in R14.1.0, so if you want to keep using that you will need to handle that in your own local builds R14.1.1 will reintroduce the ability to set a TDE keyboard shortcut to change layout, as well as additional TDE shortcuts to change layouts in kbbswitch.

Thanks for the original patch!

Cheers
  Michele