Re: Complete breakage of KRFB and KRDC

Slávek Banko via tde-users wrote:

> Hi Emanoil,
>
> krdc uses rdesktop as a backend for RDP protocol. And rdesktop has not
> been updated for a long time - looking for a new maintainer. We should
> probably consider using XFreeRDP as a new backend for RDP protocol in
> krdc.

Yes, exactly, I also think this is the way to go. From my experience
XFreeRDP is working fine, while rdesktop seems to be outdated in the
context of windows. I do not remember exactly why it was not easy to
replace rdesktop as backend or it was just lack of time and priorities.

But it would be great if we could have XFreeRDP  as backend in KRDC

BR