Re: TDE R14.1.0 release is here!

On Sunday 30 April 2023 08:11:09 pm Slávek Banko via tde-users wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> for those who are not subscribed to tde-announcements, you might be
> interested in information about the release of R14.1.0:
>
> https://mail.trinitydesktop.org/mailman3/hyperkitty/list/announcements@trin
>itydesktop.org/message/AMR2TRGAFMFSBH3F7SDA4N35CDV6NV5F/
> https://wiki.trinitydesktop.org/Release_Notes_For_R14.1.0

Hi Slávek,

If you're going to post these to the users list, why not just include the
annoucement on the post too?  It's not like it'll take up any more space?

Best,
Michael

PS:  Thanks to all for your work in making TDE one of the best Desktops there
is!

Also, the annoucement for those too lazy to look it up ;)

After 8+ years from R14.0.0 and in line with our standard 6 months release
cycle, the Trinity Desktop Environment development team is pleased to
announce the immediate availability of TDE R14.1.0!

TDE is a free/libre lightweight desktop environment intended for computer
users preferring a lean and efficient experience. It is available for
various Linux distros, BSD and DilOS. Low on system requirements, it is
also an ideal choice for dated hardware, while still providing a fully
usable desktop.

This release marks the switch from the R14.0.x series to the newly started
R14.1.x one. R14.1.0 comes with support for LUKS disks throughout the
whole desktop, new notification system for storage device plug/unplugged
events, basic support for PulseAudio and support for PKI infrastructure.
It also ships with a new bluetooth GUI (tdebluez), a new multimedia player
(kplayer), some new icewm based themes and a new session management and
panel in Kate. Several configuration dialog and usability improvements
have been made throughout the system and support for Python 2 has been
dropped in favour of Python 3.

There are a lot of other changes under the hood, so please refer to the
links below for further details.

* Full version of the Release Notes
  (including screenshots of some features)
  https://wiki.trinitydesktop.org/Release_Notes_For_R14.1.0
* TGW issue list
  https://mirror.git.trinitydesktop.org/gitea/TDE/tde/issues/3
* Detailed changelog
  https://wiki.trinitydesktop.org/Changelog_For_R14.1.0

Upgrading from R14.0.x should be straightforward. Please note that there
will be no more releases in the R14.0.x series.

We would like to thank all the people who have contributed to the
preparation of this release and we are looking forward for further
contributions in future.

Slávek Banko
--
TDE Team