Re: Unwanted Device Manager in Panel

On Saturday 01 April 2023 11:52:54 Mike Bird via tde-users wrote:
> I'm testing TDE 4:14.1.0 from PSB.
>
> At least twice a "Device Manager" has appeared in my "Panel"
> (part of my Kicker setup along with the "Main Panel" and the
> "External Taskbar").
>
> This Device Manager features two volumes: one is /boot/efi
> and another which I suspect is a Windows Recovery partition
> from when the laptop was first purchased.
>
> I REALLY don't want this "Device Manager" appearing and
> confusing and tempting end users.
>
> This "Device Manager" is not listed when I right click to
> "Remove From Panel" / Applet or Application.
>
> How please do I prevent this "Device Manager" from appearing
> here?
>
> Thanks,
>
> --Mike

Since nobody else is answering ... I kept trying to determine what you mean
by "Device Manager" in the lower panel (or kicker). I can only guess that
somehow you have right-clicked and added an applet: either "System Menu"
or "Storage Media"?

In any case, if we are talking about the same thing: then you only need to
right-click to unlock the lower panel. Hover the mouse over the icon for this
item, and you ought to see a small arrow, either directly above, or sometimes
to one side, of that icon. Click (or right-click) on that, and you will see a
menu with a few otions. (Don't know why, but some icons need right-click,
others reveal this menu with left-click.) Among the options are to move the
icon (which usually screws up everything else in my lower panel, and also
just to remove.)

Once you have got rid of the intruder, remember to right-click and lock your
lower panel. Otherwise, I find, things tend to move around and get messed up.

Bill