Re: OT: CISA and Industrial Control Systems

On 3/31/23 02:24, Dr. Nikolaus Klepp via tde-users wrote:
Anno domini 2023 Thu, 30 Mar 20:23:19 -0500
  J Leslie Turriff via tde-users scripsit:
	I remember that someone on the User list works with CNC or some such, and I wonder if he
knows that CISA <https://www.cisa.gov> regularly issues advisories about Industrial
Control System vulnerabilities?

Yes, but it's just BS from illiterate people.

That characterizes it quite nicely. Everything there is commercial systems. The most popular system, totally free cnc, linuxcnc, doesn't often have a problem even though its under constant development, but its not copyrighted so you'll note no gpl software is listed. I searched their list and came up blank. All those systems listed have an axe to grind.

I run linuxcnc on 4 machines here, straight from master on github, updated several times a week and have for twenty years as I play the part of the canary in the coal mine, and in 20 years have reported 2 bugs. Released versions are usually battle tested for quite some time. Our guys doing the coding are pretty good.

Nik

Leslie
--
Platform: Linux