Re: disabling ipv6

said dep via tde-users:
| Another thorny Thinkpad issue. Running current TDE atop Debian Bedbug
| (okay, Bookworm). Trying to run ProtonVPN, which blows up.
|
| Had the same problem with the desktop and was able to fix it by in what
| I think is the TDE network applet -- it doesn't identify itself -- in
| the settings for ipv6 I disabled ipv6 (which ProtonVPN requires). But on
| the Thinkpad install there is no such setting.
|
| I need to disable ipv6; I would just as soon not edit /etc/sysctl.conf
| unless I absolutely have to. Is there a TDE setting that lets me do
| this?

I should clarify: ProtonVPN requires that ipv6 be disabled. And it turns
out that the applet on the desktop machine is the Gnome nm-applet, bot the
TDE version.

But the question stands: is there a relatively convenient control to turn
off ipv6 anywhere in TDE?
--
dep

Pictures: http://www.ipernity.com/doc/depscribe/album