Re: two configuration issues

On Thursday 23 March 2023 12:42:06 pm dep via tde-users wrote:
> now, why i'm here: i've hit a couple of configuration issues. first, how do
> i make the desktop pager go away, forever, appearing nowhere. i use one
> desktop, and don't have room to spare on kicker.

I can't get a snapshot of this as region has no delay...

Just to the left* of the Desktop area in the taskbar is a very thin strip that
you right click on to bring up the menu to remove it.

*Ah, my taskbar is on the bottom, location will probably change based on where
the taskbar is docked...

> second, how do i make the trashcan and icon go away. on my desktop machine
> i somehow found a way to put it as a hidden directory in my home
> directory, which is fine. but i do not want it appearing on my desktop.
> didn't like it in windows 3.0 and still don't.

I don't have one :O, so I'll guess I just deleted it a long time ago?

> third, the awful phenomenon of the keyring login popping up and demanding a
> password whenever i lon in to the net has returned. i don't remember how
> it got killed last time.

Turn it off.  Again it's been years since I did it, so I can't tell you
where/how, but it had to have been through the pop-up itself that I found the
right button.

Best,
Michael