Re: Restructuring TDE donations - opinions wanted

Dne st 22. března 2023 Michele Calgaro via tde-users napsal(a):
> On 2023/03/22 10:57 PM, William Morder via tde-users wrote:
> > Every time this question has come up for discussion, though, it ends
> > up unresolved, because we cannot come to a consensus about just where
> > the non-profit ought to be established; meaning, in where? The whole
> > world is going insane (more than usual), and we ought to be careful
> > about where we set up our non-profit, because wherever that is, TDE
> > would be subject to the local laws, tax codes, etc.
>
> Good point Bill.
> We have some ideas and plans for the non-profit, just need to have a
> final round of discussions and then if we are in agreement, we need to
> set out to do it, which is the hardest part :-)
>
> We can restart that discussion after the release of R14.1.0, but for the
> time being I would like to keep this email thread on the donation
> restructure, so we can see if there is enough agreement for the proposed
> change.
>
> Note: whatever goes into donations, will go into the TDE project, not
> Slavek's. Slavek would serve as the temporary recipient/holder till we
> have a proper non-profit setup.
>
> Cheers
>    Michele

I will add information:

It is definitely planned to move forward with the creation of a legal
person. After being created, it will be possible to create a bank account
for a legal entity.

Because the process of creating a legal entity will take some time (I know,
now there are tasks on my side), here was the idea that I could, as a
temporary solution, to create a separate transparent bank account that
will serve to receive donations and pay expenses related to the TDE
project. Because it is intended as a transparent account, it will give
everyone a good overview of how the funds are handled. Because for now it
would be tied to my person, I would have to show it in my tax return. Once
a legal entity has been created, the funds of this temporary account will
be transferred to a transparent legal entity's account.

So the question is whether to make this temporary solution with an account
that will be personal, or to keep it in the current state where donations
are unknown and wait for a legal entity and an account created for a legal
entity?

Cheers
--
Slávek