Re: now the TDE part . . .

Thanks, everybody . . .

I'm now looking at a TDE desktop atop Debian on my old Thinkpad, which I do
not believe had been booted this decade. Pretty cool (this T-Pad was a
special order out of China from Lenovo, complete with cellular that I've
never used and the docking station -- I was the only person in my office
who used Linux, so I'd bring in my computer and at day's end take it home,
a decade ago).

The Debian install had it's usual quiddities -- had to install sudo
manually, likewise the essential mc. There will be more of that. Also, and
this was truly strange, I couldn't su to install the trinity keyring. Had
to "su -" for some reason that is probably a good idea under some
circumstance I've never encountered.

Over the next few days I'll bring stuff over from the desktop machine,
things that are to my taste, install the ProtonVPN and ProtonMail Bridge
stuff and other essentials, and in due course, with luck, and probably
with more than one question here I'll be ready to swallow hard and do much
the same -- though keeping ~/ and configurations, I hope -- to the desktop
machine and bid a less-than-fond farewell to Ubuntu.

Now I'm gonna go watch some anime. I was hoping the final episode of "Don't
Toy With Me, Miss Nagatoro" would be up, but apparently not. Oh, well.
Good day anyway.

Thanks again.
--
dep