Re: Global view properties in Dolphin

On 2023/01/31 04:51 AM, Leskala via tde-users wrote:
Hi all,

quick question regarding Trinity's Dolphin:

When "Save view properties for each folder" is disabled, any setting related
to sort mode (by name, by date etc.) or sort order (ascending, descending) is
reset as soon as the folder is changed. This also applies to the "Show Hidden
Files" option.

Even if "All folders" is selected in "View" > "Adjust View Properties ..." the
above persists. The "Apply view properties to:" options only seem to have any
effect if  "Save view properties for each folder" from the settings is also
enabled.

So without enabling per-folder settings (and having .d3lphinview files
everywhere) there is no way in Dolphin to set persistent global view
properties like sort order - or am I missing something?

Best regards,

Leskala

Hi Leskala,
yes, from what I see there is no way at the moment to do that. It would have to be some sort of enhancement. Maybe someone can look at dolphin4 and backport some code :-)
Cheers
 Michele