Re: Configuring TDM

On Friday 10 March 2023 06.40:44 Darrell Anderson via tde-users wrote:
> I am trying to configure TDM.

Most problems seem to arise from when people try to do things that basically
are not needed. Why and what are you wanting to configure (I mean, I only
play with a few pictures shown by TDM, TDM basically works as it is for me,
so I don't understand what you are trying to tweak).

> The default is some kind of black background. The login dialog is so
> dark of a gray that I can't read the black text in the dialog. This
> seems to be an os_enterprise theme? Is this the normal default?

If you're talking about the login screen, then no, it's not the normal default
(at least here on Debian). I get a picture background (in a sort of blue if I
remember well) that I changed using the Control Center.

>From my experience, if you *have* to do all this tweaking, something is
seriously corrupted in your setup.

I've installed TDE on dozens of Debian flavours, and always got a usable login
screen and a working desktop without any tweaking.

Thierry