Re: StartX

On Sun, 05 Mar 2023 16:34:12 -0800
Dave Close via tde-users <users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> <https://wiki.trinitydesktop.org/Fedora_Trinity_Repository_Installation_Instructions> provides
> great instructions for installing TDE on a working Fedora 37 system. But the last section provides
> no help for starting TDE from a "run-level 3" system (multi-user, not graphical). The built-in
> startx command does not detect TDE. Or, more specifically, the /etc/sysconfig/desktop script. Of
> course, I can modify that script but I have no idea what to add to it. It would be nice if the TDE
> installation provided an updated version.

You probably need to point something at the starttde script.  My .xinitrc just contains

/usr/trinity/14/bin/starttde

and TDE starts reliably when I run startx.  I have no idea what distro-specific wrinkles
Fedora may have added, though (and the path to the script will probably be different
for you).

E. Liddell