Re: Notification popup timeout

On Tuesday 28 February 2023 08:04:06 pm Darrell Anderson via tde-users wrote:
> On 2/28/23 7:25 PM, Michael via tde-users wrote:
> > Don't know ;0  Please copy/paste the command you're using and I'll run it
> > here to see if it's doing the same thing.
>
> notify-send --expire-time=0 "Test" "This is a test"
>
> Looks like the source of the problem is the dbus-notification package.
>
> Without the notification-daemon-tde running the notify-send command hangs.
>
> Trying different expire-time timeouts makes no difference here. The
> popup always closes at about 6 to 7 seconds.

Hmmm, working here.  e.g. It's been open for the last couple minutes.  From a
Konsole shell and different durations work as well.  Guessing the bug is
specific to what distribution you're running?

Here's mine for reference.

PRETTY_NAME="Debian GNU/Linux 10 (buster)"
Kernel: 4.19.0-22-amd64 x86_64 bits: 64
Desktop: Trinity R14.0.13
Distro: MX-19.4_x64 patito feo May 31  2020

Or, what shell are you using?  From man:

-t, --expire-time=TIME
              The  duration,  in  milliseconds, for the notification to appear
on screen.  (Ubuntu's Notify OSD and GNOME Shell
              both ignore this parameter.)

Since you said it's running from cron, maybe try adding this to the line above
the command?

SHELL="/bin/bash"

Well, that's what gets auto-added to my CentOS servers, might work?

# # #

That's it for my knowledge, if the above doesn't help, then do open a bug
report (as it should be working).

Best,
Michael